What do you need to work from home? You may think all you need is a laptop but there is more to it than that. Most of your work will be done on a laptop but there are many things you can’t live without.
Equipment You Need to Work From Home
Let’s get right into this and list what equipment you need.
- Laptop or Desktop – You should lean toward a laptop as they are extremely flexible and are gaining greater speed and power every year.
- Software – Dependent on your line of work.
- Work Station – I’m listing this right near the top because you don’t want to be sitting working on a laptop all the time. A work station will provide you with a more comfortable keyboard and larger and multiple monitors.
- Docking Station – This is part of your Work Station.
- Monitors – I would recommend Duel 24″ monitors or one larger monitor than a 24″.
- Brief Case or Backpack – For the days you want to be portable and work remotely, maybe the park on a nice day.
- Sit to Stand Desk – This is a must these days to stay healthy and reduce health problems.
- Mat to Stand On
- Comfortable Office Chair
- All In One Printer, Copier & Scanner
- Surge Protector with Additional Outlets
- Seperate Office Space – This may even be your vehicle.
- Filing Cabinets
- Storage Cabinet
- Soft Lighting – This is important for long hours when your eyes start getting tired, as are the lager monitors.
- High Speed Cat 6 Internet Cables
- Satellite Internet – Do you need internet connection when out in the mountains or away from Wifi?
- Satellite Phone – You may want one of these for emergencies or if you want to stay remote and still surf the web.
- VPN Router & Service.
This About Covers the Equipment You Need
I am going to keep this article pretty short as I will cover each one of the items above in a separate article.
I know you’re yelling……”NO, PLEASE KEEP ON WRITING!”
Sorry to disappoint you but not today. I just wanted to introduce the subject and follow up in more detail soon.
Take some time and enjoy your family and friends with this free time.
Please leave a Comments Below or Email me if you would like me to add something else to this list.
I have written another article about “What do You Need for a Home Office – Planning a Home Office” which has some additional things to think about for setting up your home office.
Return to Home Page
- 6 FREE MONTHS INSTANT INK SUBSCRIPTION when you activate HP+ – Print up to 700 pages a month. Ink ships to you automatically so you never run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled, and you'll save up to 50% on ink.
- INCLUDES FREE HP+ SMART FEATURES – Activate HP+ free to get advanced features for mobile printing, security, automatic updates and more. HP+ only works with an HP account, internet connection and Original HP Ink for the life of the printer.
- BEST FOR BASIC PRINTING – Print basic color documents like recipes, forms and travel documents. Dynamic security enabled printer
- KEY FEATURES – Print, copy and scan in color, plus mobile and wireless printing
- EASY SETUP – Get started fast on any device with the HP Smart app that guides you step by step
- HP SMART APP – Print, scan and copy from your phone—whenever, wherever. Get advanced features for 24 months with HP+.
- Main functions of this HP DeskJet 3755 (3700 series) compact printer: copy, scan, wireless printing, AirPrint, Instant Ink ready so you'll never run out of ink
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand: The HP Smart app allows you to easily set up your printer, scan from your smartphone, order toner, and print from the cloud—such as iCloud, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 4 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set up; plans starting at 0.99 dollar per month after the trial period, shipping and recycling included
- Compact and wireless, this printer is designed to fit your space and life; get the vibrant blue color and power in the world’s smallest all-in-one for home
- Compatible operating systems:Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit); OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite
- Any room, any spot-this ultra compact all-in-one is designed to fit where you need it
- Innovative Cartridge- Printing ― High-capacity ink tanks mean no more tiny, expensive ink cartridges; Epson’s exclusive EcoFit ink bottles make filling easy and worry-
- Dramatic Savings on Replacement Ink ― Save up to 90% with replacement ink bottles vs. ink cartridges (1) – that’s enough to print up to 4,500 pages black/7,500 color (2), equivalent to about 90 individual ink cartridges (3)
- Stress- Printing — Up to 2 years of ink in the box (4) – and with every replacement ink set – for fewer out of ink frustrations
- Zero Cartridge Waste – By using an EcoTank printer, you can help reduce the amount of cartridge waste ending up in landfills
- Impressive Print Quality ― Unique Micro Piezo Heat- Technology produces sharp text – plus impressive color photos and graphics – on virtually any paper type
- Built-in Scanner & Copier ― High-resolution flatbed scanner and a color display for easy document copying and navigation
- Mobile device printing: Easily print from your iPhone, iPad, Android or tablet.In The Box : PIXMA MG3620 Wireless Inkjet All-In-One Printer, Manuals and other documents, Setup CD-ROM, FINE Cartridges (Black and Color), Power Cord
- Quick and easy wireless setup
- Powerful printing options: Airprint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria and Canon Print
- Compact and space-saving design, Auto 2-Sided Printing
- Print on both sides of the page with auto 2-sided print
- Form factor: Print, copy, scan
- The PIXMA TR8620 fits into almost any space with its SLEEK COMPACT SIZE
- Large 4.3” LCD TOUCHSCREEN for an easy user interface experience
- EASY SETUP for smartphone and computer so you can get to work
- With a built in FAX and a 20 SHEET ADF the PIXMA TR8620 is ready to work
- Built in AUTO DUPLEX PRINTING for convinience & paper savings