What do you need to work from home? You may think all you need is a laptop but there is more to it than that. Most of your work will be done on a laptop but there are many things you can’t live without.
Equipment You Need to Work From Home
Let’s get right into this and list what equipment you need.
- Laptop or Desktop – You should lean toward a laptop as they are extremely flexible and are gaining greater speed and power every year.
- Software – Dependent on your line of work.
- Work Station – I’m listing this right near the top because you don’t want to be sitting working on a laptop all the time. A work station will provide you with a more comfortable keyboard and larger and multiple monitors.
- Docking Station – This is part of your Work Station.
- Monitors – I would recommend Duel 24″ monitors or one larger monitor than a 24″.
- Brief Case or Backpack – For the days you want to be portable and work remotely, maybe the park on a nice day.
- Sit to Stand Desk – This is a must these days to stay healthy and reduce health problems.
- Mat to Stand On
- Comfortable Office Chair
- All In One Printer, Copier & Scanner
- Surge Protector with Additional Outlets
- Seperate Office Space – This may even be your vehicle.
- Filing Cabinets
- Storage Cabinet
- Soft Lighting – This is important for long hours when your eyes start getting tired, as are the lager monitors.
- High Speed Cat 6 Internet Cables
- Satellite Internet – Do you need internet connection when out in the mountains or away from Wifi?
- Satellite Phone – You may want one of these for emergencies or if you want to stay remote and still surf the web.
- VPN Router & Service.
This About Covers the Equipment You Need
I am going to keep this article pretty short as I will cover each one of the items above in a separate article.
I know you’re yelling……”NO, PLEASE KEEP ON WRITING!”
Sorry to disappoint you but not today. I just wanted to introduce the subject and follow up in more detail soon.
Take some time and enjoy your family and friends with this free time.
Please leave comments below if you would like me to add something else to this list.
I have written another article about “What do You Need for a Home Office – Planning a Home Office” which has some additional things to think about for setting up your home office.