Do you sit for long hours every day? Do you need to get up and move around for health reasons? Well, I do and I finally asked my company if they would buy a VARIDESK for me, and they did.
Product: VARIDESK ProDesk 60
Shipping Box: Approx. 6′ x 4′
Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty
My Rating: 5 out of 5
- LARGE WORKSPACE: The Electric Standing Desk boasts more than enough space for multiple monitors, a laptop, and plenty of extra room for your keyboard, mouse, and papers; Add a Vari Table on the side for even more space
- BUTTON-TOUCH MOVEMENT: With the 3 programmable height settings and the powerful, quiet motor, it's easy to choose a height between 25.5 inch (64.5 cm) to 50.5 inch high (128 cm)
- QUALITY: We only used commercial-grade materials like heavy-duty laminate and steel, and we included a stability crossbar to make this desk incredibly stable at any height
- SIMPLE: Assembles easily in 5 minutes without special or complicated tools; We ship the desktop and legs in separate boxes so they can be delivered quickly and easily
Stand to Work
Have you wondered if there were reasons you should stop sitting all day? Well, let me tell you why.
- Standing helps with blood circulation in your legs.
- Standing helps you stay more awake.
- Standing burns more calories.
- There is some medical research that indicates higher levels of cancer caused by long hours of sitting.
- Increased risk of diabetes
- Increased risk of heart disease
- Sitting may increase anxiety.
These are all great topics of discussion but I really don’t need these and medical research to tell me what I should already know by common sense.
I had a stroke in 2013 so getting more activity is one of the things I need to do. Standing and sitting with a VARIDESK was the answer for me.
I was recently working on a project that I had to work on overnight. I started getting fatigued so I found myself sitting for several hours that night. I noticed quickly that, in this situation, my feet started swelling so bad that it really scared me. I immediately got up, moved around, sat and elevated my feet, moved some more and drank some water.
I started working again but this time I stood or knelt to change positions and eventually called it a night as I felt I was at risk of a major health crisis.
So, I strongly recommend you find ways to move more, stand more, and change positions more.
Don’t Forget the VARIDESK ActiveMat
You need a floor mat if you plan on standing much. I actually didn’t consider this when I asked for a VARIDESK but my boss did think about it and WOW! Does the ACTIVEMAT ever make a difference.
There are a few different types but I prefer the one with the angled edges because it lets me stretch my calves and it’s nice to step on to the edges.
My New ProDesk 60s at the Front Door
My new ProDesk 60 was delivered in about 5 days. It was in one box but a word of warning. The desk is pretty heavy. I was able to slide it into the house but I needed two people to set it up.
The setup is easy. The desk comes as one unit (the table) and four legs. The problem is you have to prop the desk up against the wall or turn it upside down to connect the legs, which anyone can do. The catch is turning it over. The desk is very sturdy and made out of great materials, but it has extra parts on it so that you can raise and lower the desk easily. The second person in needed to flip the desk over.
I love the desk. It is made out of quality materials and is incredibly easy to operate. It’s nice when a product comes, mostly assembled, and is immediately ready for use.
My VARIDESK ProDesk 60 in Action
There’s not a lot to say about this desk. It just works, and is super easy to adjust between 9 different heights.
I use it sitting and standing. The main thing I need is to adjust my position frequently and move often to help with my blood circulation, and sometimes to help me stay awake.
- Quick delivery
- Package and protected well
- Easy to set up
- Easy to adjust
- 9 different height settings
- Comes with a drink coaster
- Comes with two hooks for hanging a jacket on or a purse, etc.
- It stopped my feet from swelling up as much
- I guess you might be able to say it is a little heavy but that’s not a con to me.
My Final Thoughts
My review is not to convince you that you “must have this.” I only want you to see the benefits of moving more during the day to improve your health.
My healthy pretty much required that I move more so the choice was obvious to me.
I don’t think I will ever work again without a VARIDESK.
I would love to hear your thoughts on the VARIDESK and if you have any other suggestions to help those of use who sit for long periods of time while working.
Last Final Thought
VARIDESK has many types of products. They have Sit-Stand Converters that you place right on top of your desk. They have full desks and tables, chairs, storage, floor mats, and other accessories. Click on the link below and search for “VARIDESK” on Amazon.com.
- 2 Spacious Tiers: Offers a large workspace with an upper tier (48" x 19.75") for dual monitors, a laptop, and a notebook and a lower tier for a standard keyboard, mouse, and a calculator or papers!
- Ergonomic Movement: Our special rowing-lift raising mechanism with its up-and-back movement lifts the workstation up to 17.5” off your desk and allows you to use the power from your lower half – helping you maintain a healthy posture
- Quality: Built with a heavy, weighted base and high-quality materials so the computer desk remains sturdy and stable at any of its 11 height settings. The patented, spring-loaded lift was designed and tested for your safety and ease
- No Assembly Required: This was created to pop out of the box and onto your desktop or table. You’ll be up and working more productively in no time
- Trustworthy: Every time you buy a Vari product, you get quality, convenience, and a risk-free purchase you can feel good about. With 30-Day Free Returns and a fantastic 5-year warranty, you can be sure you’ll love your product.
Please leave a Comment Below or Email Me if you have any questions.
Return to Home Page
- TWO-TIER DESKTOP: Transform your home office with this spacious and adjustable rising desk converter with a 36” wide work area. The lower deck has room for your keyboard and mouse, while the upper deck has space for your computer or laptop, and other work or gaming accessories. Whether you want to sit or stand, use our adjustable monitor riser to add more movement to your workday. NOTE: For authentic quality, make sure what you're buying says "Ships From and Sold By Vari".
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Research shows that switching between sitting and standing throughout a long work day provides several health benefits, including improved posture, boosted productivity, and reduced back pain. Start enjoying the health benefits of our standing desk converters.
- DUAL-HANDLE LIFT: Engineered for your safety and ease, the dual-handle spring-assisted lift allows for quick and easy height adjustment. Effortlessly raise or lower your computer desk to one of the 11 height settings, raising up to 17.5" off your desk surface.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: Our Essential 36 desk ships fully assembled and ready for your home office set up. Simpy place this affordable standing desk on your existing table or desk, and you'll be up and working more productively in no time.
- TRUSTED BRAND: Every time you buy a Vari product, you get quality, convenience, and a risk-free purchase you can feel good about. With 30-Day Free Returns and a fantastic 3-year warranty, you can be sure you’ll love your product.
- DUAL MONITOR CONVERTER: Transform your existing desk into a spacious sit-stand desk with ease. Our two-tier rising desk converter features a large upper tier (36” wide x 12.25” length) for up to 2 computer monitors and a lower keyboard deck with plenty of space for a keyboard, mouse, and accessories. With 11 adjustable height settings, you can easily raise your sit-stand converter up to 17.5" off your desk or table.
- DURABLE BY DESIGN: As the original, bestselling VariDesk that set the standard for quality, the Pro Plus 36 provides a more durable option for your sit-stand needs. The thicker gauge steel, 3D laminate finish, and BIFMA certification ensure that your dual monitor standing desk will stand the test of time. With dual stability bars and a heavy weighted base, this adjustable desk will remain stable and sturdy at any height.
- ERGONOMIC MOVEMENT: Lift and lower your computer workstation safely and easily with VariDesk converters. Our special rowing lift and spring-assisted lift reduces the impact of raising your stand up desk on your back. With dual-handles and a patented foam-wrapped steel mechanism that protects against pinch points, our sit stand converters are designed and tested for your safety and ease.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: Use your adjustable rising desk right out of the box without assembly or installation. Arriving fully assembled, simply place your height adjustable desk on top of your current office desk or table and you're ready to go. From better posture to better productivity to better health, this 36 inch standing desk is an easy and effective way to change the way you work.
- TRUSTED BRAND: Designed and certified to the highest industry standards, Vari's office furniture products are built-to-last for years. We back our award-winning standing desks with a solid 5-year warranty that replaces the full product, not just parts and pieces. With 30-Day Free Returns, we ensure a quality, risk-free purchase you can feel good about.
- TWO-TIER DESKTOP: Transform your existing home office desk or table into a height adjustable sit-stand desk. The two-tier rising desk converter has an upper deck for your computer monitor or laptop, and the lower tier offers space for your keyboard, mouse, and other work or gaming accessories. The adjustable monitor desk riser helps adjust your screen to eye level, so you can sit or stand comfortably throughout the day.
- DURABLE AND STABLE: Vari Essential Converters are built-to-last with a durable laminate finish to prevent scratches from everyday use. Designed for the home office, our height-adjustable standing desk riser includes a weighted base to ensure your desktop is stable and steady at any height, sitting or standing.
- DUAL HANDLE, SPRING-ASSISTED LIFT: Raise or lower your computer desk converter with ease due to the dual-handle design and spring-assisted lift feature. Effortlessly raise or lower your office desk to one of the 11 height settings, raising up to 17.75" off your desk surface. The up and out motion of the rowing lift mechanism is designed for optimal posture and reduces strain on your back when adjusting.
- FULLY ASSEMBLED: This fully assembled monitor stand desk allows you to quickly transform your existing desk into an active sit-stand workstation. Simply place the VariDesk Essential 30 on your table or desk right out of the box, and you'll be up and working more productively and ergonomically in no time.
- TRUSTED BRAND: Designed and certified to the highest industry standards, Vari's office furniture products are built-to-last for years. We back our Vari Essential 30 Converter with a solid 3-year warranty that replaces the full product, not just parts and pieces. With 30-Day Free Returns, we ensure a quality, risk-free purchase you can feel good about.
- 2 SPACIOUS TIERS: Transform your workstation with our spacious two-tier rising desk converter. It offers a large workspace with an upper tier (36” wide x 19.75” length) for up to 2 computer monitors, a laptop, a notebook, or extra hardware, and a lower tier for a standard keyboard, mouse, and accessories!
- ERGONOMIC MOVEMENT: Our special rowing-lift mechanism with its up-and-back movement allows you to easily adjust the rising desk while maintaining a healthy posture. Go from sitting to standing in seconds using the dual-handle design with a spring-assisted lift, without causing any strain to your back. Whether at home or in the office, this sit to stand desk will help you work comfortably.
- WEIGHTED BASE: Built with a heavy weighted base and high-quality materials, our ergonomic desk remains sturdy and stable at any height. The 11 height settings give you the ability to rise up to 17.5" off your desk surface, with a patented, spring-loaded lift that was designed and tested for your safety and ease.
- READY TO USE: This adjustable height desk ships fully assembled and ready to place on your existing table or desk right out of the box. You’ll be up and working more productively in no time.
- TRUSTED BRAND: Every time you buy a Vari product, you get quality, convenience, and a risk-free purchase you can feel good about. With 30-Day Free Returns and a fantastic 5-year warranty, you can be sure you’ll love your product.
- STURDIER BY DESIGN: Voted the Best Electric Standing Desk by Good Housekeeping 2022, our adjustable height desks offer enhanced stability and lasting durability. The home or office desk includes a thick and solid one-piece tabletop with a durable laminate finish and heavy-duty steel T-Style legs. Measuring 48" x 30", our electric adjustable desk provides a spacious and sturdy work area at any height.
- PROGRAMMABLE HEIGHT SETTINGS: Program up to 4 height settings to the LED control panel of your electric height adjustable desk, and transition to your perfect height with one touch. The whisper-quiet and long-lasting dual motors and 3-stage legs of our electric desk ensure a smooth, fluid lift and provide a large range in height adjustability (raises from 25" - 50.5" high).
- ERGONOMIC ADJUSTABLE DESK: Vari motorized standing desks make it easy to transition from sitting to standing throughout the day. Research shows that standing or moving more at work can improve productivity, boost your metabolism, and reduce back pain. Our easy-to-assemble and even easier-to-use sit-stand desks can help you get more done and feel better doing it.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: The Vari Standing Desk is designed to do something no other adjustable electric desk can do, assemble in under 10 minutes. Our desk legs have a patent-pending design making them easy-to-attach with no special or complicated tools, so you can set up your new workstation in no time. PLEASE NOTE: The desktop and legs are shipped in 2 boxes which may be delivered separately.
- TRUSTED BRAND: Designed and certified to the highest industry standards, Vari's office furniture products are built-to-last for years. We back our award-winning electric standing desks with a solid 5-year warranty that replaces the full product, not just parts and pieces. With 30-Day Free Returns, we ensure a quality, risk-free purchase you can feel good about.
14 thoughts on “VARIDESK Reviews – Stand to Work with ProDesk 60”
VARIDESK ProDesk 60 sounds like a great piece of furniture to have in the house. I spend quite a bit of time on the computer and this causes me to sit a lot. I know sitting for long period of time is not good for your health. I’ve never even heard of stand to work, but this is genius. I will definitely consider buying this in the future. Thank you for the great review. I certainly have learned a lot.
Thank you so much for your comment. I think millions more people like us need to start standing more for work.
This looks really nice! I especially like the idea of having the ActiveMat along with it. I could never stand long without a padded mat. My feet would hurt. I imagined stretching out my calves by putting my feet up on the edge like you described and that sounded really healthy and relaxing. I can see why you like it!
My co-worker has a stand up, sit down mini desk that sits on top of a regular desk. I don’t know what brand it is but it looks really awkward. She needs help to lower it or raise it since it is heavy and crashes down in a free fall when released! Yikes! Then you have to worry about knocking your monitors over too or crushing something underneath!
The adjustments available with the Varidesk sound much more user friendly and smooth. I would go with a Veridesk if I got one. Thanks for this great review!
I had never heard of VARIDESK before the Fall of 2017. My wife kept telling me how some accounts she works with just love them. So, I had some pretty good recommendations before buying mine. Now that I have had mine for about 3 months, I don’t plan on giving it up.
The other thing you hit on was the ease of use. The ProDesk 60 works really smooth and I have a laptop on it plus two 24” monitors, plus other stuff.