What are the top ten computer keyboards for 2020? There are a lot of opinions out there but I’m going to break down the best keyboards for business professionals and online web surfers.
I will state right up front that I am not looking for or have any intention of ranking the best gaming keyboards. Those fall into a different category.
What Makes Great Computer Keyboards?
In this new age of computers and connectability with everyone seemingly having access to a laptop and smart phone, maybe it’s time to consider what you use more than anything else when you are on the computer. It’s your keyboard. So, what makes a great computer keyboard?
- Connectivity – Many keyboards can connect wirelessly and will connect to more than one device like your smart phone and tablet. If you are on the go and are always connecting to the internet than this may be high on your list of wants or needs.
- Portability – This is really important to many people today. Is your keyboard lightweight, thin, does it fold up?
- Comfort – How comfortable is your body position and the keyboard and will you start feeling the strain of typing after several hours.
- Key Switches – Did you know there are three main type of key switches? Each one has their place.
- Silicone Dome
- Scissor Switches
- Mechanical Switches
- Backlighting – Do you work in low light or at night? Make sure your keyboard is backlit.
- Gaming – Gaming keyboards are a huge market and everyone seems to want the latest cool, multicolored, programmable keys with great sensitivity and durability.
These are some of the things to consider when looking for the right keyboard.
Here are the Top Ten Computer Keyboards
Please allow me this disclaimer.
There are many types of keyboards and many users with different needs so this is my opinion as to the top keyboards on the market. I am an engineer that spends a lot of time designing highways, creating my own websites and occasionally joining in an online game. I am not looking for anything that is solely portable or for gaming. I need comfort, durability and a keyboard that can meet my demands as I transition from work to my own online business, and then to play games occasionally.
Here is my top ten computer keyboard list. It is not ranked in any way other than the ones near the top showed up more on product reviews and customer reviews than the others.
- Multi-device wireless keyboard: Beautiful type-on-everything keyboard with easy switching between three devices, including any computer, tablet and smartphone
- Logitech FLOW cross-computer typing: Use as a regular keyboard or combine with a compatible Logitech FLOW mouse (sold separately) to type, copy, paste and move files seamlessly between computers
- Comfortable typing: Full size, fully equipped keyboard with large, quiet keys and convenient number pad
- Integrated phone and tablet stand: Holds your devices at the perfect angle to type and read
- Wide compatibility: Windows 8 or later , Mac OS X 10.10 or later , iOS 5 or later , Android 5.0 or later Chrome OS
- OS Adaptive: Automatically recognizes each device and maps keys to give you a familiar layout, including hotkeys and shortcuts
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that's going to see a lot of action
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software. Wrist rest: Full length, detachable, dual sided with soft touch finish. The keyboard report rate is 1000 Hz
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with light edge: Adjust each key's color and illumination level in addition to 19 zones on the top edge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations
- 100% Cherry MX speed RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2mm actuation and durability of gold contact Cherry MX mechanical key switches. PC with 2 USB 2.0 ports Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista; An internet connection is required to download the Corsair utility engine software
- 6 programmable G keys for in game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi key combos to any of the 6 dedicated macro keys
- WIRELESS, RECHARGEABLE CONVENIENCE — Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad connects wirelessly to your Mac, iPad, or iPhone via Bluetooth. And the rechargeable internal battery means no loose batteries to replace.
- WORKS WITH MAC, IPAD, OR IPHONE — It pairs quickly with your device so you can get to work right away.
- ENHANCED TYPING EXPERIENCE — Magic Keyboard delivers a remarkably comfortable and precise typing experience. Its extended layout features document navigation controls for quick scrolling and full-size arrow keys. The numeric keypad is ideal for spreadsheets and finance applications.
- GO WEEKS WITHOUT CHARGING — The incredibly long-lasting internal battery will power your keyboard for about a month or more between charges. (Battery life varies by use.) Comes with a Lightning to USB Cable that lets you pair and charge by connecting to a USB port on your Mac.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS — Requires a Bluetooth-enabled Mac with macOS 10.12.4 or later, an iPad with iPadOS 13.4 or later, or an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 10.3 or later.
- CHERRY MX RGB mechanical key switches with gold contacts deliver the ultimate performance and competitive advantage of mechanical keys
- 8MB Onboard profile storage with lighting and hardware macro playback to take your gaming profiles with you
- Per-key RGB backlighting deliver dynamic and vibrant lighting effects with virtually unlimited customization
- Dedicated multimedia and volume controls to adjust your audio without interrupting your game
- USB pass-through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset
- CORSAIR iCUE software enables vivid dynamic lighting control, sophisticated macro programming and full-system lighting synchronization across compatible CORSAIR peripherals, coolers, fans and more
- 4 PROFESSIONAL MECHANICAL KEYBOARD - The thinnest mechanical keyboard in the world! The combination of tactile feel, the psycho-acoustic experience and incredible craftsmanship all deliver an unmatched typing experience that only Das Keyboard 4 offers. With a Das Keyboard 4, you'll type faster and longer. It feels so good, you won't want to stop.
- PREMIUM TACTILE EXPERIENCE - Best-in-class Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switches provide tactile and audio feedback so accurate it allows you to execute every keystroke with lightning-fast precision. Factory lubricated stabilizers on large keys for smooth typing with bumps on the F and J keys. Enjoy the tactile experience you love from a mechanical keyboard, with just enough sound to satisfy you - and not annoy your coworkers!
- UP TO 50 MILLION KEYSTROKES - Laser-etched keycaps for maximum durability are paired with Cherry MX Blue switches, giving your new mechanical keyboard life up to 50 million keystrokes. High-performance, gold-plated switches provide the best contact and typing experience because, unlike other metals, gold does not rust, increasing the lifespan of the switch.
- FULL N-KEY ROLLOVER - Fast typists, productive professionals and gamers will appreciate that Das Keyboard 4 supports full NKRO over USB. No need to use a PS2 adapter anymore. Just press shift + mute to toggle to NKRO (works with both Windows and Linux).
- 2 PORT USB 3.0 HUB & MORE - The convenience to charge USB devices & simultaneously upload content through USB is right at your fingertips. A blazing fast 2- port USB 3.0 hub to transfer music, high resolution pics & large videos at up to 5Gb/second. That’s 10x faster than USB 2.0. Extra long 6.5ft(201cm) USB cable w/ single USB A connector. Dedicated media controls w/ LARGE VOLUME KNOB & instant sleep button. Magnetically detachable footbar ruler to raise the keyboard to an optimal 4-degrees.
- NO-NONSENSE FEATURES TO GET THE JOB DONE - The Prime 13 is a minimalist, beautiful, and rock-solid keyboard that seamlessly connects the user to the machine for maximum creativity and productivity. Focus on the task at hand and let the keyboard disappear from your mind, seamlessly connecting it to your work displayed on the monitor.
- PREMIUM TACTILE EXPERIENCE - Best-in-class Cherry MX Brown mechanical key switches provide tactile and audio feedback so accurate it allows you to execute every keystroke with lightning-fast precision. Factory lubricated stabilizers on large keys for smooth typing with bumps on the F and J keys. Enjoy the tactile experience you love from a mechanical keyboard, with just enough sound to satisfy you - and not annoy your coworkers!
- UP TO 50 MILLION KEYSTROKES - Laser-etched keycaps for maximum durability are paired with Cherry MX Brown switches, giving your new mechanical keyboard life up to 50 million keystrokes. High-performance, gold-plated switches provide the best contact and typing experience because, unlike other metals, gold does not rust, increasing the lifespan of the switch.
- FULL N-KEY ROLLOVER - Fast typists, productive professionals and gamers will appreciate that Das Keyboard Prime 13 mechanical keyboard supports full NKRO over USB. No need to use a PS2 adapter anymore. Just press shift + mute to toggle to NKRO (works with both Windows and Linux).
- 2 PORT USB 2.0 HUB & MORE - The convenience to charge USB devices and simultaneously upload content through USB is now right at your fingertips. Extra long 6.5 ft (201 cm) USB cable with single USB type-A connector. Dedicated Windows key disable-control for better gaming. Media and special function keys. White LED backlighting.
- Topre capacitive switches provide best-in-class precision and efficiency, requiring only a gentle press to register a keystroke
- Compact, near-symmetrical design condenses a standard keyboard to only 60 keys. Use key combos for a faster typing experience
- Contoured frame and keys allow for smooth movement across keys, reducing hand and finger fatigue.
- Keys are made with top grade PBT, and printed using dye sublimation so legends will never wear off
- Dip switches allow users to assign different functions to keys.
- Type on Any Device: A new type of wireless computer keyboard for your desk that also works with your tablet and smartphone; connect with any Bluetooth-enabled device with external keyboard support. Wireless range: > 10m wireless range
- Easy-Switch Dial: Simply turn the dial of the Logitech K480 keyboard to switch typing between 3 connected Bluetooth wireless devices, you can work with Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Android, and iPadOS
- Familiar Keyboard Layout: Find all the shortcut keys you use the most, but in a space-saving design that lets you place your mouse close to you, for less arm reaching and better posture
- Integrated Cradle: A cradle to hold your phone or tablet at just the right angle for you to read while you type; fits most phones and tablets up to 0.4 inches thick and 10 inches wide
- Reliable Power: This portable, wireless Bluetooth keyboard comes with 2 pre-installed AAA batteries which can last up to 24 months (2) and is compatible with wired, wireless or Bluetooth mice. Battery indicator light
- Durable and Spill-resistant: The wireless and compact keyboard K480 is also spill-resistant (1) to survive small accidents; it’s a reliable and durable partner for your desk at home, or at work
- Quickest Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Yellow switch technology beats competitor, legacy "speed" keys in actuation distance by up to 20%, requiring 45 G of force; ideal for fast-paced gaming requiring high-speed key presses
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macros: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions
- Durable Construction: Supports up to 80 million clicks; made of military-grade metal top plate
My Final Thoughts
This was another eye-opening research project. I thought I had a great keyboard and all I needed to do was walk into any office supply store and pick out a cheap keyboard and I would be off to the races. That is true but there is so much more out there in the way of keyboards that can improve your typing experience and can also help relax your arms, hands and even help alleviate some physical problems associated with long hours of typing.
So, stop before you run off to that electronics store and see what other options are available to you. Start right here with this review and end up with a new keyboard that will make you wonder why you used that old cheap keyboard for so long.
Please a Comment Below or send my your question by Email.
Back to Home Page
- Reliable Plug and Play: The USB receiver provides a reliable wireless connection up to 33 ft (1), so you can forget about drop-outs and delays and you can take it wherever you use your computer.Keyboard Key type: Deep profile. Mouse Scroll Wheel: Yes, 2D, optical.Enhanced Function Keys : Yes. Ergonomic : No.
- Type in Comfort: The design of this keyboard creates a comfortable typing experience thanks to the low-profile, quiet keys and standard layout with full-size F-keys, number pad, and arrow keys, Caps lock indicator light
- Durable and Resilient: This full-size wireless keyboard features a spill-resistant design (2), durable keys and sturdy tilt legs with adjustable height. Comfortable Mouse: This compact wireless mouse is designed to be equally comfortable for both left- and right-handed users, plus its smooth cursor control allows easy navigation on most surfaces
- Long Battery Life: MK270 combo features a 36-month keyboard and 12-month mouse battery life (3), along with on/off switches allowing you to go months without the hassle of changing batteries
- Easy to Use: This wireless keyboard and mouse combo features 8 multimedia hotkeys for instant access to the Internet, email, play/pause, and volume so you can easily check out your favorite sites
- Battery information: Requires two AAA batteries, and one AA battery
- Keyboard with QWERTY layout and low-profile keys for a comfortable, quiet typing experience
- Hot keys enable easy access to Media, My Computer, Mute, Volume up/down, and Calculator; 4 function keys control Previous Track, Stop, Play/Pause, and Next Track on a media player
- USB wired connection
- Compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 5 x 1.1 inches (LxWxH)