What will my future hold? Many people would think I have already made it. I am a civil engineer and have a great career and am making six figures. Isn’t that enough? I suppose, but is this what I want for the next 20 years of my life? No.
Am I too Old to Dream?
I am 52 years old and have had a pretty good life. So why do I want more?
Because of a dream
My dream is to be financially free, to live and work wherever I choose, and to have the freedom and flexibility to work at any time and any place in the world.
That’s my dream in a sentence.
Ask yourself; what is your dream, or do you even have a dream for your future?
It’s not too late to dream. It’s not too late to plan. Hope! That’s what I’m talking about. Do you have HOPE for the future?
Here is My Hope for the Future
This is my hope for five years from now, which will be February 2023.
- I would like to own some land in Colorado with a small but beautiful cabin.
- I would like to have that land with other family members with a common barn and pastures.
- I would also like to have a winter house in Arizona since my wife hates the cold.
- I want to have an RV so we can travel around the U.S. and work anywhere.
- I want to have a satellite system that will allow me to get internet coverage anywhere in the world so I can be truly remote.
- I want to be making enough money so I can pass things on to my children and never have to worry about the government taking care of me or my loved ones.
- I want to focus on being active, physically and with work until I die.
- I don’t want to retire. I just want to do something I love and am passionate about in my retirement years.
- I would love to help my children build something they can do for the rest of their lives.
- I would love to travel the world but be able to stay for a month or two instead of having to rush back home in order to make money and pay my bills.
- I would like to have a balanced life with family, free time and work.
- I would like to be able to teach others how to work remotely, especially home bound individuals.
So, How am I Going to Make this Happen?
Honestly I’m not exactly sure as things are constantly changing and no plan ever turns out just like you imagined, but….
We must keep hoping and believing in a better future.
Here’s my plan on how to achieve my hopes and dreams:
First things first. I am going to keep taking care of my current job as I need to pay the bills until I can come up with another plan. Second, I have discovered Wealthy Affiliate (WA) that I just love. I am learning how to set up new websites, find a niche and how to write quality content.
Developing these websites and finally making money will take years but as everything else in my life, years pass by faster now and I don’t want to look back and say, “if only I had started that two years ago, I would be rich by now.”
Here is my grand plan for the future.
I hope to be making enough money from these two websites in the next two years to be able to start making plans to quit my day job. I am a civil engineer and make really good money but I want to work remotely from anywhere in the world. I want to be able to take extended vacations and not be tied down to any city. Here is a list of things I want to achieve within the next two years:
- Have two websites making a total of $10,000 per month combined
- Start making plans to leave civil engineering
- Put this extra money away in savings, and retirement and a great piece of property some place in the mountains.
- Have a focus and plan to be financially independent by the end of my third year at WA.
Here is a list of things I want to achieve within three years:
- Quit my engineering job
- Be full time working remotely
- Start working on my third website
- Buy an RV or travel van to be able to work out of
This may sound big to some but this is what I am hoping for. I have found that I love writing and creating things so I believe this is why I love creating websites.
Another thing I would like to start doing is to take architecture classes at a university and begin designing cabin plans. One of my dormant websites is about small, cozy cabin plans and it would sure help if I could actually create some cabin plans.
One website I really want to build is “A Mountain Getaway” that will focus on most anything outdoors but with special emphasis on traveling through the mountains, state parks, national parks and U.S. forests. I have been amazed at how much interest I have gotten on Pinterest from this.
I would love to show people where beautiful drives are, wonderful waterfalls, scenic mountains, gorgeous cabins and so much more.
Do You See? This is My Dream – This is My Hope
Is this hope realistic? Can this dream be attained?
Do I sit around and listen to everyone around me telling me what I can’t do? No!
I have found that when I hope, and dream, or day dream and plan and focus on something long enough, then most of the time, some version of that dream becomes a reality.
I keep telling my kids to have hope and a plan for the future. That’s what I will continue to do so I’m asking you now……
Will you start dreaming and hoping for the future?
Please leave a comment at the bottom and share your dreams here. Sometimes it’s best to write it down.