Two months ago this was the farthest question from my mind; but now, that’s all I think about. It is the question; How can I learn about affiliate marketing?
Wouldn’t It be Nice to Try Something for Free?
After my son told me about this great opportunity and after a week of trying to talk him out of pursuing it, I decided to check it out so I could have proof of it being a scam.
I signed up for the free starter course and I noticed I had one week of complete access to the site so I felt like I needed to dig into it quickly to gather my ammo to be able to shoot my son’s crazy idea down.
I was immediately greeted upon signing up and the suggestion was made that I select the big Green button in the upper left corner of the website. It was the first lesson of the Online Entrepreneur Certification and it had 10 courses to it.
I sat around wondering if I should start the course for a few days but then I reminded myself that it was free and the only way I was going know for sure this was a scam was to jump in and take a hard look around.
Online Entrepreneur Certification – Level 1: Lesson 1 of 10
So, I took the plunge and thought “I might as well start taking notes so I can show my son how much he was going to get suckered in by these Wealthy Affiliate people.”
It’s hard for me to say just how quick my mind was changed as I started in on the first lesson. It was obvious to me, almost immediately, that the lessons were easy to listen to and were set up to be easy to follow. Nearly every lesson has an associated video and this one was no exception.
I thought it would be hard to watch a 30-minute video on how to make money online but it wasn’t. It was actually interesting and exciting.
As soon as I had finished the lesson, I couldn’t wait to get onto the second lesson. So far everything seemed legitimate and no one was asking me for money. I was constantly being shown how to do everything and also being warned to not pay for the upgrades and that great success was available to everyone with the basic WordPress site builder.
What I Have Learned so Far
It became obvious within a few days of training at Wealthy Affiliate that this was no scam or get rich scheme. This is what I discovered:
- The training was created by someone who has been doing this for a long time.
- I could see the basics of it quickly and see the pattern of success for near and long term goals.
- The training was motivating and I couldn’t wait to move on to the second lesson.
- The information was engaging and I was also encouraged to engage with the community.
- As soon as I asked a question I had an answer within minutes or no more than 10 minutes.
- The community is very active and encouraging.
And still…..no one was asking me for money to learn the secret to success.
Fast Forward to the End of the Course 1
By this time I am sold on Wealthy Affiliate. I started the course with no understanding of affiliate marketing, how to build a website or create content and by the end, everything was actually working.
- I understood the basics of how to make money online.
- I was taught how to choose a niche.
- I built my own website in under 1 hour (this included reading and watching the training).
- I was walked step by step through the website settings and told what to select or input.
- I was shown in great detail how to get my website setup for the internet search engines.
- I was shown how to create my first website content.
- We went into more detailed things like customizing our menus and finally,
- We wrapped up with an extremely powerful lesson on understanding keywords and how to search for them using Jaaxy.
It was around this point that I understood that not only was the training awesome but there was so much more I wanted to know because I could now see the potential and I also knew that I loved creating the website(s) and creating content.
Stop Reading if You Want a “Get Rich Quick Scheme”
It only took me a few days of going through the training and interacting with other members on the site to see that Wealthy Affiliate was all about quality training and helping you setup a great website with quality content.
The website takes some time to get it looking like what you want and to get feedback from other members so that it doesn’t run the reader off but the most time-consuming part is creating the content.
If you want to “quickly” create a website and add one page of content, fill it up with advertising and links to affiliate programs, then sit back and watch the millions of dollars role in, then you need to go some place else.
The program here at Wealthy Affiliate requires some real effort on our part and it takes consistency and patience to allow the process to work.
I have learned in my life that nothing just falls in my lap and nothing great comes easy or with little effort and that is no different here. You can make great money by what you learn at Wealthy Affiliate but the process takes more than just a few weeks or even a few months. It takes several years but…..
If you are tired of being stuck in the financial rut you are in, plus you know that a year or two passes quickly, than give Wealthy Affiliate an opportunity because it can absolutely change your life. I know it has for me.
At the time of writing this article I have:
- Been at Wealthy Affiliate only two months and I have already made my first income,
- I have created two “significant” websites,
- I have been ranked on the first page in the first position of a Google search result,
- I have made great friends at Wealthy Affiliate and,
- I know I have only begun to touch the potential here and within me.
Wealthy Affiliate is at the very least worth a day out of your life to see if it will work for you.
It has worked for me and I can’t wait for the future to unfold.